At MeetingAdvice, an Etherio Company, we have a simple but big vision: bringing people together and empowering progress. Every day we are passionate about delivering innovative and unmatched solutions to our clients, one meeting or event at a time. Whether in-person, virtual, or hybrid, we’re redefining these experiences for people worldwide. And while the heart of MeetingAdvice is events and association management focused, we are growing our teams to deliver on our mission to champion the power of human connection.
Senior Conference Manager
The Senior Conference Manager is responsible for consistently delivering exceptional service, outstanding meetings, and creative solutions for our clients through excellent meetings management. This position is an integral part of our team and will be responsible for managing, supporting and/or executing various events, from initial concept through execution and final reconciliation.
The ideal candidate for this role has excellent communication, networking skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships and expectations. This person should also have excellent knowledge of destinations, hotels, and venues nationwide, having built relationships with venues and proficient experience in contract negotiation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead project manager for projects, providing support to team members
· Planning and executing meetings that consistently exceed our clients’ expectations.
· Work with team to ensure adherence to client and company standards and all deliverables are met
· Budget development, implementation, on-going reporting and final reconciliation with support from accounting department
· Responsible for driving projected plan and client deliverables
· Be responsive to client questions and able to provide creative solutions
· Maintain all historical data for projects overseeing
· Analysis and reporting responsibilities of various conference data for client
· Supplier procurement and management of contracts
· Hotel management/communications – AV, Communications, F&B, function space usage, housing, billing and final group resume
· Work with Exhibit/Sponsor Coordinator or Manger to facilitate sponsorship prospectus and communications
· Work with marketing department on collateral communications and development– theme, concept, design, and implementation
· Special event review, selection, and management
· Survey analysis and provide compilation of feedback to client
· On-site venue management – Lead team and support departments to maintain agenda and schedule revisions, staff management, venue management, exhibit hall management, registration management, F&B management, attendee management
· Other duties as assigned
· Strong communication, networking skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships and expectations.
· Knowledge of destinations, hotels and venues nationwide with strong relationships and contract negotiation experience.
· Calm and flexible approach to handling the stress of everchanging demands.
· Experience with high level conference and meeting planning.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 7 years of meeting management or hospitality management experience
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Strong leadership skills
· Strong creative problem solving
· Strategic decision-making ability
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
· Ability to travel at least 30%
· Ability to lift up to 30lbs
Etherio Group works hard to nurture and deepen the capabilities of our people. Whether you work in one of our three offices or virtually, we’re committed to your learning and growth. Our ultimate goal is for you to feel comfortable working out loud with a diverse team of professionals, who are learners and teachers together, enhancing each other’s strengths.
We believe in making a memorable impact. Working at the speed of social enables us to create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work supports fast learning and freedom to think big – no idea is a bad one.
Joining our team comes with perks that support you in your personal and professional journey. Benefits include:
· Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
· Generous paid time off
· Flexible work schedule
Etherio Group is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices and in experiences as Etherio Group employees.