POSITION: Meeting Logistics Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position acts as the first line of communication for program participants for all things related to the clients’ training experience and in assisting with sourcing venues for meetings and events. Advises client of MeetingAdvice professional services available to assist with their needs.
- Under limited direction by the Director of Sales, performs training registration related activities: Maintains registration reporting to compile rooming lists, monthly, quarterly and annual report preparation, prepare name badges, etc. and communicates with participants and hotels to ensure accurate travel, room and other program information is disseminated.
- Receives information on upcoming meeting/event information and perform destination research utilizing electronic sourcing tools to send out specifications and advises client of best options along with reasons for recommendations.
- Acts as a consultant to client by looking for opportunities where MeetingAdvice might meet a need or provide a higher level of service and makes client aware of these capabilities and up-sell appropriately. Enlists the assistance of other team members as appropriate.
- Resolves participant issues in a manner that will generate high satisfaction through exemplary customer service and by meeting the client’s expectations of knowledge, empathy and professionalism.
- Maintains positive relationships with hoteliers, transportation and food vendors to aid in negotiations, matching of services and provision of high quality services. Sets up and maintains a schedule of unannounced visits to determine service levels and takes corrective action when needed.
- Maintains accurate information and assists in the preparation of client invoicing.
- Work on special assignments with other team members as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- College Degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 2 years in a business environment preferably in support of client projects preferred or 4 years of similar experience may be substituted.
- Detail-oriented with proven initiative and follow-through. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in fast-paced environment through time management and organization
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook, basic website development utilizing the Cvent platform, SharePoint and other programs routinely used within MeetingAdvice.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proven expertise in the development and maintenance of client relationships and customer service expertise.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of event and meeting management.
- Analytical skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to utilize telephone and computer unassisted.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to use office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines, etc. without assistance.
|Job Category||Individual Contributor|