About Etherio Group
At Etherio Group, we have a simple but big vision: bringing people together to accomplish great things. Every day, we deliver innovative and unmatched solutions for our corporate and association clients – one meeting, event, or membership experience at a time. Whether in-person, virtual, or hybrid, we’re redefining event experiences. We’re also advancing the stories of a diverse set of local, national, and global associations and nonprofits. In everything we do, we start with understanding our clients’ “why”. Because we know that it’s not so much what they do, but why they do it that compels people to embrace and engage with products, organizations, and brands.
Director of Meetings
The Director of Meetings, in conjunction with the vice president, is responsible for managing our day-to-day meeting planning and operations to ensure we produce world class meetings, events and incentives that delight and inspire our customers. The Director will have a high-level of experience in both tangible (i.e. planning and operations) and intangible (i.e. relationship building and people skills) areas of focus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Vice President of Meeting Operations to manage day to day department operations, including developing, maintaining and overseeing use of standard operating procedures
• Think creatively and bring innovative ideas and solutions to our client’s programs.
• Develop forward-thinking strategies to ensure delivery and execution of best-in-class client events
• Work with the Vice President of Meeting Operations to develop and operate training programs and identify staff improvement areas
• Manage at least two to four meetings/events/conferences per year
• Work with Vice President of Meeting Operations to address any client issues
• Work with Account Executives and Vice President of Meeting Operations for staff assignments
• Provide input to overall meeting planning operations direction and goals
• Serve as direct supervisor for senior level conference managers
• Oversee contractor pipeline, hiring and management
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• CMP or CMM designation preferred.
• 8+ years of meeting management or hospitality management experience
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strategic decision-making ability
• Strong project and team management skills
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Ability to travel at least 30% of time
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs at times
Etherio Group works hard to nurture and deepen the capabilities of our people. Whether you work in one of our three offices or virtually, we’re committed to your learning and growth. Our ultimate goal is for you to feel comfortable working out loud with a diverse team of professionals, who are learners and teachers together, enhancing each other’s strengths.
We believe in making a memorable impact. Working at the speed of social enables us to create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work supports fast learning and freedom to think big – no idea is a bad one.
Joining our team comes with perks that support you in your personal and professional journey. Benefits include:
· Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k)
· Generous paid time off
· Flexible work schedule
Etherio Group is committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices and in experiences as Etherio Group employees.